Emeril’s Culinary Garden & Teaching Kitchen
- Be a 501c3 K-8 school with a well-established school garden and/or culinary education program. Consideration will also be given to a school foundation applying on behalf of a non-profit K-8 school if the foundation exists solely to benefit and support the named school on the application.
- Have the capacity to build a teaching kitchen on school grounds
- Allocate professional development days for the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to provide teacher trainings on culinary and garden-based education
- Agree to serve as a mentor to other schools looking to implement similar programming.
- Agree to hire dedicated staff for culinary and garden instruction.
- Use the Emeril’s Culinary Garden & Teaching Kitchen curriculum for lesson plan development
- Provide 18 hours of gardening instruction and 18 hours of culinary instruction for all students enrolled in the school by the end of the grant term.
How to Apply
The Emeril Lagasse Foundation accepts grants by invitation only, but we are eager to hear about your project. If you believe your school or organization is a match for Emeril’s Culinary Garden & Teaching Kitchen, please send an inquiry at email@example.com and include in the subject line of your email which grant you are interested in and the name of your organization. E.g. “Emeril’s Culinary Garden & Teaching Kitchen – ABC School” .